Monday, October 21, 2013

Writing through my eyes

When I write something, I just wing it. I don't like to think about adverbs, or where things go in a sentence. As long as something flows when I type it, I type it. I feel as if journalism is taking away my love for writing. Whenever I write something a certain way, it's considered "editorializing" which is a big no no in the journalistic department. What I think people don't realize is, when you are trying to help me fix my piece, saying "OH NO THATS EDITORIALIZING" doesn't help. I don't care what I'm doing wrong, just show me how to fix it so I won't do it again. Besides, what's wrong with editorializing? Whatever the heck that even means. I would really love for someone to sit down and explain it to me. If I knew what it was, maybe I wouldn't do it as much. But I feel like when I'm not writing "editorially" I'm not writing like myself. I feel like a different person. I don't want to write this way at all, which is the part that really gets to me. I want to express my thoughts, and findings through the newspaper on how I want to write them, but I guess that just isn't the answer. So now I'm just stuck; writing things that I really don't wanna write, but I guess that's just how it goes now. At least I still have my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment