Sunday, November 1, 2015

No Shave November: Day 1

For social experiment reasons, this year I decided to participate in No Shave November. My main focus is around armpit hair, mostly because leg hair isn't as much of a problem in November due to the weather. 

Before starting this, I looked into a little as to why shaving armpit hair for women started. I realized that yes, it was all due to marketing, but the fact that women stuck with it is what caught me off guard. Women shaving their armpit hair is basically one of the first forums of how society pushes women and their appearance around. 

Most of my findings came from this short little video clip:Why did women start shaving their armpits? 

Throughout the month of November, I will be reporting on my experience, and posting daily photos of how much hair actually does grow. I recently shaved this morning, because I wanted to start the month off on a fresh start. 

My main reason behind doing this is simple, I want to know why women having armpit hair is so repulsive, disgusting, and unaccepted. In my own opinion, I don't see it this way. However, I'm curious as to why people find hair under a women's arm pit hair so remarkably "unsanitary".

I hope you enjoy my blog, as I embark on this month long journey! 
Day 1 Clean Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment